We’ll be running this as a full-page ad in the National Catholic Reporter, before the U.S. bishops’ meeting in November and almost certainly amidst overtime federal budget wrangling. A brief background paper with more detail is here.
As in previous years, our ad will carry the signatures of many like-minded individuals and groups. Will you sign on and help us meet the publication cost?
We suggest $20 for each individual signature and $30 for each organization. If you can give a bit extra, we’ll break even faster. Anything beyond that will fuel our continuing campaign to move the Church from “just war” to Just Peace teaching, including a presence at the November bishops’ meeting. This year we hope to have one or more progressive bishops addressing their peers.
To sign on to the ad, please contribute online before August 31 or by mail before August 25.
1. Click the “Donate/Event Registration” button on the right.
2. On the next screen, enter the dollar amount you’re contributing and click either “Donate with Pay Pal” (then log into your account) or “Donate with a Debit or Credit Card.”
3. On the next screen, click “Add special instructions to the seller” and then type:
Your name/s (or the organization’s) exactly as you would like it/them to appear in the ad
Your (or the organization’s) state, since we will be grouping the names by state
Any other required information.
4. Click “Donate Now” at the bottom of the screen.
1. Make your check payable to Pax Christi Metro DC, with “NCR ad” in the memo line.
2. Send it to PCMDCB, c/o Luann Mostello, 546 Russell Ave, Gaithersburg, MD 20877.
3. Again, let us know how you want your name/s to appear in the ad.
Please do this now. Then share this link with other groups and individuals who might be willing to sign on. Thank you!
(If you can’t contribute but would still like to sign on, email Mary Liepold, email@example.com. We’ll be happy to add your name if there’s room.)